From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:13:23 -0600
Indigo-
If you honor them even though they expire, then that the same thing as your
statement.  I never intended to imply that you would do anything to upset
the visitor/media, but whether you are a not-for-profit or a for-profit
institution should make absolutely no different in good retail business
practices.

Personally, I feel not-for-profits often feel that they must apologize for
practicing the same good business methods that the for profit world strives
and this is absolute nonsense!  Good business is good business whether you
make a profit or not.

In the case of gift certificates and expiration dates, each institution must
decide what they feel is appropriate for their institution, I only gave my
opinion based on my years of experience in the retail world.

Tracie