From:
Barbara Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:10:28 EDT
these folks seem to make the cans you need
_http://www.victortradingco.com/tincan.htm_
(http://www.victortradingco.com/tincan.htm)

and this store sells such items

Today, Todd's offers Museum visitors products typically found in mid 19th
century general stores
_http://www.farmersmuseum.org/node/1154_
(http://www.farmersmuseum.org/node/1154)

This store sells such things too but it is in Hawaii so the products might
not all be suitable!
"...Stocked with accurate reproductions of goods that filled the shelves
and hung from the ceiling joists, the store offers a glimpse of activities at
 Kalukalu over a century ago. Close your eyes and be transported back in
time as  the storekeeper offers St. Jacobs Oil to cure your arthritis or
rheumatism.  Check out the store merchandise as the clerk assembles your order of
denim  trousers, woolen long johns, coffee beans, tobacco, rice, calico
yard goods, a  24-length of rope to tie off your horse, and a parasol to
protect the ladies  from the bright Kona sun...."
_http://www.konahistorical.org/tours-store.html_
(http://www.konahistorical.org/tours-store.html)

found by a web search using the terms
1900 tin cans

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 8/26/2009 11:26:00 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,