From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:19:34 -0500
Definitely have a translator do the other language. When travelling in
places where English was the second language, bad translation just sounded
stupid, amateur, and like they threw it up as a secondary consideration
instead of having it as a genuine helpful thing. I would laugh at bad
translations and then also feel a little unwelcome. Good translations will
help to bring in that community who will be thankful to be welcomed and
appreciated and included in your museum's mission.

This is what bad translation looks like to us:
http://engrishfunny.failblog.org/   It is the same when other languages are
mistranslated.

-Elizabeth Walton