From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:20:32 -0500
Hi Kristen et al.:

While you have tried to inspire by referring to Iraq's move toward
liberation for all, the overall tone of your message disturbs me.  Maybe
you mean to say that, symbolically, the destruction of museum objects is
more shocking to you?  But how could museum losses shock you more than
harm to human life?  Where is the humanity of museum professionals?  It
strikes me as callous to consider any museum collection - or individual
artifact - more valuable than any human life.  Sad, really.

Sincerely,
Jay Heuman
Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum
2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)   342-2376 (fax)

I don't live the past.  I don't live the future.  I live the present.