From:
Shana West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:03:42 -0700
It's important to consider that an Archaeology textbook is necessarily
dealing with archaeological objects, and so the focus will be on determining
what is modified by humans and what isn't (it all came out of the
ground).  Archaeologists also need to distinguish between things that can
be moved and features (building foundations, etc.). In the archy collection,
we use the term artifact differently than in ethnology.  Going along with
Matthew's comments regarding using the right terms for the situation, I
wanted to point this out.
Shana