From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:16:24 -0600
If you own the image, they have no right to use it on their web site.
 However, for all practical purposes, all they would have to do is
establish a link to the page on your site that includes the image and they
will have accomplished the same thing.

I think that when this all washes out we will have to accept the fact that
in putting our images up on a website for the world to see, sort of puts it
into the public domain.

It isn't like publishing it in a book that you sell, unless you have a
restricted site that someone must pay to see.

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum
100 East Cedar