From:
Alexandra Trumbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:40:45 -0700
Hi again,

I guess I was thinking the group would be more about
communication between young professionals and about
helping everyone learn about and be able to attend
more conferences (the effects of which will only
benefit the graduate student by providing insight and
networks). I wasn't thinking the group would be about
getting our generation into management positions! Your
words of caution are well received in terms of our
individual paths up the ladder, but I don't see the
group as being devoted to that cause, per se.

As a graduate student who has just begun learning
about conferences and figuring out how she could gain
enough funds to attend them, I would personally want
this aspect to be a large component of the youth
group's mission.

Pat, that's a good point about the word "committee".
Would Young Professionals Association be better? I
guess I don't know the subtle differences between
terms like committee, association, organization,
group, etc.

Mario, I'll be traveling the next few days, but I will
send you an email with my notes asap. Possiamo parlare
un po in italiano se questo č pių facile per voi! Ho
studiato per due anni, ma voglio practicare in tutto
il tempo!

Take care everyone,
Alex

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs