From:
Shelley Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:57:15 -0700

This is a response to your question about drawing in museums. I have a friend who taught classes at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and this is what he said:

I have drawn in museums in classes and alone and never had any problem
and
when i taught courses in drawings there was never a problem. In an art
museum one time however they would not allow us to even take a form of
pictorial notes, words were ok  but this was a special exhibit and not
their
collection. As far as copying I believe the standard is never copy
exactly
what is there, which unless you are very very good is not going to
happen
anyways but usually I believe the the practice is to create smaller or
crop
from the original. If you are concerned with it simply ask at an
information
desk or call ahead of time to find out if there are any regulations.

Shelley Howe

Collections Manager, BBM&G