From:
David Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 1994 15:05:46 -0500
Since I got such helpful responses from the group when I asked about the
four day week (thanks again), I thought I would bring up another question
that we are currently wrestling with.  Our current policy is to rent
various parts of our facility (auditorium, classrooms, conference rooms,
exhibit floor, veranda and grounds) at rates that simply recoup our costs.
Sometimes when we rent the exhibit floor, we do educational programs as
part of the deal.  The theory that allows us to rent these spaces is that
some people who would otherwise never enter the place get some familiarity
with our operation and mission.
Anyway, at the moment, we will not rent to individuals for weddings,
receptions, parties, etc.  If you want to have a party or dinner here, you
have to be a corporation, organization, union, etc.  We are currently
discussing whether this policy should change.  My questions to the group are:
1) if you rent your place, do you limit potential renters in some way?
2) if you are non-profit (on purpose), how do you handle the non-related
income problem?
3) if you have a written policy concerning renting, could you send me a
copy to any of the addresses below?
Thanks to all again.
David

David Haynes, Institute of Texan Cultures, PO Box 1226, San Antonio TX 78294
Voice: 210/558-2248, FAX: 210/558-2218, InterNet: [log in to unmask]