From:
David Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 08:32:19 -0500
As an aside to the whole publishing question, does anyone know of a
listserv or newsgroup devoted to the skill of editing for publication?
Our editor used to subscribe to a newsletter called *Editorial Eye*, but
then it went to $96 a year and . . .  Anyway, there were discussions about
the various computer programs that were available to check grammar,
punctuation, etc.  These discussions generally concluded that none of the
programs were worth the electrons they were written on.  I'd like to get
her involved in these discussions again but haven't been able to find an
appropriate group.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
David

David Haynes, Institute of Texan Cultures, PO Box 1226, San Antonio TX 78294
Voice: 210/558-2248, FAX: 210/558-2218, InterNet: [log in to unmask]