From:
"Janice B. Klein" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:14:16 -0500
Kathy,

Not knowing where you work or what level of protection you need makes it a
little difficult to give concrete information but...

In general art should be shipped using a specialized fine arts carrier;
"shuttle service" is the least expensive form of transport and allows you to
book your shipment on a (fairly) regular routing.
I would be happy to provide more information if you want to write me off
list or call.

As far as insurance goes, your fine arts policy should cover your works in
transit as long as you DO NOT use a common carrier (like the US mail or
Fedex).  If you do not have that coverage, a fine arts carrier can provide
insurance coverage for an additional cost.

Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College
847 492-8520