From:
Marlene Minshew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:06:37 -0400
I started as a volunteer and worked for our support group.  I learned so
much about the operation.  I volunteered for different committees - it
didn't matter what it was - if I could help, I did.  I gained experience and
a network of professionals that knew my work.  Now I also have my dream job
and it is not what I started out to do in the museum world - I went from
Visitor Services to Collections.  You'll find the museum folks from all over
the country are family and will open their hearts to a fellow museum person.
So hang in there.

Marlene Minshew

Historic Site Manager II

Manager, Admin Services/Collections

NC Transportation Museum

411 S Salisbury Avenue

Spencer, NC   28159

Tel: 704-636-2889 ext 225

Fax: 704-639-1881

www.nctrans.org

My opinions may not be those of this agency.
E-mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business, is subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to
third parties.

  _____