From:
Doreen Leo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:29:57 -0700
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION!

User-Centered Design in Museum Exhibition Design

I am a graduate student from Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada,
conducting a study for my thesis that looks at the museum exhibition design
process. The purpose of the study is to determine the degree to which
user-centered design methods and techniques are used in museum exhibition
design. I am looking for exhibition developers/designers or those involved
with exhibition design to participate in my study.

The study is comprised of three parts: an online survey, follow-up
interviews, and site visits. I am casting a wide net with the survey and
hope to have at least 30 people, from different museums, fill it out. The
online survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. From the
survey responses I will contact 3 or 4 people by email, from different
museums, for a follow-up interview for the purpose of gathering more
in-depth information about the exhibition design process. The interview will
be conducted in person or by phone, and will take approximately 1-1.5 hours.
Study participants will only be contacted if they agree to do so. The final
step in the study is a site visit, during which I hope to talk to other
members of the design team and see their work. This will take approximately
4-5 hours.

The results of my study will be published in my thesis and will be made
available to you. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to
email me at [log in to unmask]
Please forward this email to anyone who may be interested.

If you would like to participate, click on the following link to begin the
online survey:
http://www.wetcoast.org/phpsurveyor/index.php?sid=15

Thank You!

Doreen Leo
MASc. candidate, School of Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
http://www.surrey.sfu.ca/