From:
"Mattoon, Tracey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:40:42 -0700
We show movies weekly at our museum/library.  We have a license through
Movie Licensing USA -- 1-888-267-2658.  www.movlic.com
They work with Walt Disney, Warner Bros., DreamWorks, MGM, Paramount -- just
to name a few.  The cost is relatively inexpensive and our patrons love the
service.  There are rules relating to advertising, but we don't have a
problem complying with them.  Our museum has a Panasonic projector set up
for both DVD and VHS.  With the quality of the projector, we prefer to use
DVDs -- VHS comes out very grainy even if it is a new cassette.  If you have
some archival films we would recommend having them converted to DVD most
local production companies can do this for you -- but that can be expensive.
Because we are in a library most time we just use DVDs in our collection but
we have on occasion had to run out and rent one.

Tracey K. Mattoon
InfoZone News Museum Manager
Rawlings Public Library
719-553-0205 / 719- 553-0310 (fax)