From:
KATHLEEN HUTTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:42:29 -0700
Katherine A. Hunt wrote:

> Hello!  I am attempting to create a list of museums that have programs or other methods of making the museum accessible to visitors with
learning disabilities or mental handicaps.
> >Dear Katherine:
At Reynolda House, Museum of American Art we have (2) part-time staff
members designated to work with (respectively) special needs and older
adult programs.  These are on-site multi-visit programs with both tour
and studio activity included each time, and even though we are a private
museum there is no fee for the participants.  We pay for the school buses
(within the county) as well.  Although we do receive some grant money for
these programs, the museum has created a line-item in our overall budget
to ensure the continuity of these important programs.  These programs
have been offered for at least fifteen years.  If you would like more
specific information, please contact me directly or even better, visit us
in Winston-Salem!
sincerely, Kathleen F. G. Hutton, coordinator of education
Reynolda House, Museum of American Art, Box 11765, Winston-Salem NC
27116-1765         tel.  (336)725-5325, x. 115   fax (336) 725-7475
                        e-mail  [log in to unmask]