From:
"Curtis, Nan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:03:12 -0500
Hi All,

We are in the midst of planning a new exhibition space and we are coming across some ceiling concerns.  We would like our gallery ceilings open to structure and then painted a dark color so they sort of fade out of site.  We currently have this in our temporary location and it works very well.  However, we are coming across some pressure from the finance committee of our overall organization to go with an acoustic tile dropped ceiling.  We are against the dropped ceiling because it is a place to accumulate dirt, dust, pests, rodents, and doesn't let us see water leaks immediately.  The financial powers-that-be say that it is much, much more expensive to have the ceiling open to structure because of the cost of running cables and wires along the edge of the room (instead of just across the center) and putting wires in conduit and painting everything.

So, with all these conflicting concerns, does anyone have a recommendation for a ceiling?

Thanks!

Nicole

Nicole Y. Dupré
Collections Manager