From:
Caroline Posynick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 00:27:33 GMT
I have been observing the recent discussions on the List regarding the
documentation of and public access to collections.  I would like to
attempt combining these topics: Is the public's (i.e. donor's) "voice"
incorporated in the initial documentations of collections?

I am interested in finding any criteria for the inclusion of the donor's
personal interpretation/story in museum files.  I have found in my
research that this is a priority when museums do an exhibition on the
community, but I would like to know if it is sought at other times.  Does
anyone out there want to share their opinion on this subject?  Inquiring
minds want to know . . .
Caroline Posynick

[Yes - I am a Museum Studies grad student and this is my proposed thesis topic.
Thanks in advance for any input. :) ]