From:
Casandra Karl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:18:29 -0400
You could coat them with clear epoxy, which would protect them somewhat.
OR
Not sure how you would feel about this, but you *could* "replace" legs, antennae, and such with wire or plastic fabricated to replicate them.  They would not have the weak joints, and could be replaced if they were broken/lost.

Just my thoughts...

-Casandra Karl
Consultant
www.museumsolutions.net