From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:17:05 -0700
Our museum has been generously given off-site collection storage from a nearby college. Our museum is not ideal for collection storage and the college's space is climate-controlled and spacious.   We have no contract as of yet, and are entering conversations about how best to develop our relationship.

We are being approached because they would like full access of our collection room to their students.  This gives me heart-palpitations, and so I am looking for alternative ideas that have worked for other organizations.  Has anyone developed a relationship of this manner?  An idea of ours is to put our collection online (or at least accessible through the college library). .  We would love more....
We are a small, part-time staffed organization (so being available for assisted collection entry will be much less than full-time hours).

Thank you,
Andrea Mercado
The Log House Museum~SW Seattle Historical Society