From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:14:58 -0700
Cheryl,

It all depends on ultimately how you intend to preserve or exhibit these
bottles. Is the preservation of the fluid an important goal? Do you want to
sample the fluid and have it analyzed? Do you want to remove the fluid and
clean the bottles?

I would recommend defining these issues first - the NPS Conservators at the
Harpers Ferry Center can certainly guide you in all the options and should
be the ones to help you when you are ready to take a course of action with
these artifacts.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator
Los Angeles, CA

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Cheryl Branyan <[log in to unmask]