From:
Amy Killpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 20:51:46 -0400
There may be some slight confusion here.  Hershey's Chocolate World
is the Hershey Foods visitor center/sales emporium.  They provide a
sort of ride through the process of chocolate production which spills
you out into the sales area.  It is educational and for chocolate lovers
a pretty good treat.  The Hershey Museum, like Chocolate World also
adjacent to Hersheypark (amusement park), provides visitors with local
history and great changing exhibits.  A couple of years ago they opened
a new permanent exhibit on Milton Hershey, the company, the town, the
workers in the factory (they did oral histories, etc.)  It's more of a
treat than Chocolate World.  It's in the Official Museum Directory under
Hershey, PA.

True chocophile visitors to central PA should not miss the Chocolate Museum
of the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in Lititz (Lancaster County).  Whether or
not it meets AAM's definition of a museum (slightly dusty cases filled
with chocolate molds, chocolate pots, fan letters, etc.), the intoxicating
smell of chocolate is not to be missed.  I recently visited the Wilbur
museum and Chocolate World in the same weekend when a college roommate
was visiting.  No contest which one made us buy more chocolate.

--
Amy R. Killpatrick                          Phone: 717-772-1967
Museum Educator                             FAX:   717-783-1073