From:
Kjirsten Gustavson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:48:16 -0500

 I've worked in two sites with important photographic scrapbooks circa 1900-10 and both museums chose to use interleaving between each page without separating it from the book in order to preserve the original binding and then store the whole books flat in an acid-free box.? Both sites also photographed each individual page so that as clarity failed on the inks, a record of the brighter state was maintained.

Kjirsten
Curator of Education
Clermont State Historic Site
Germantown, NY