From:
Marc A Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:35:27 -0400
If they were painted and stripped in the past, they have been through a lot worse and a slightly damp cloth will be fine.  Just be sure it is not wet but damp.  This is probably most easily done with a spray bottle directed on the cloth.  Also use a lint free cloth, as the surfaces are likely to be rough and fibers may get caught.  I use cotton cloths that I have run through the washer and dryer without detergent to remove loose fibers.

Marc