From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:23:23 -0700
We have guest feedback forms in the museum, but we also receive many
comments via our website. About a year ago, we reviewed our guest feedback
process to really look at how we receive feedback and how it is communicated
among staff. The outcome was to consolidate responses under Marketing. This
enables us to see trends that might not be obvious if different people were
dealing with cards, email, letters and phone calls. Marketing either
responds directly to the guest or forwards to the appropriate department for
response. They track each issue to ensure that responses are made and that
any issues are address if necessary.

A description of our guest feedback process is available on The Tech's
Resources for Museum Professionals Online http://www.thetech.org/rmpo, in
the Policies Standards and Guidelines/Institutional folder at
http://www.thetech.org/rmpo2/policiesstandar_/institutional_/guestfeedbackpr
/guestfeedbackpr.pdf.

Susan B.F. Wageman
Evaluation Manager                       [log in to unmask]
The Tech Museum of Innovation            408-795-6303
201 South Market Street                  fax: 408-279-7167
San Jose, California USA 95113           http://www.thetech.org