From:
Margaret Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:16:53 -0500
According to our Research Archives (=Library) "rules", one should be
affiliated with the University of Chicago and/or a member of the
Oriental Institute in order to use the library collections.  But in
practice, visiting scholars or temporary researchers can usually come
to an accommodation with our Research Archivist.  The Research
Archives is a non circulating collection, so the question of
borrowing privileges does not occur.

For access to our museum or archival materials collection, more "bona
fides" are needed, but this is not a case of monetary spending so
much as it is of having a definable research topic, being known to
our curators, etc.

An individual annual  membership to the OI currently runs $20 for
students, $40 for seniors, and $50 in general.

Margaret Schroeder
The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
773-702-9522