From:
Michelle Zupan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:34:29 -0400
Who goes to the "No" pile instantly:
1) Complete instructions for application not followed (e.g., position
requires our form to be completed and it is not).
2) Cover Letter is an email -- written in email speak, overly casual, and
not signed.
3) Letter references the wrong job/museum, etc.
4) Absolutely no work history (only book learning).  I don't care if
someone has only worked as a burger slinger at McD's -- it matters to me.

Makes it through initial "No" cull to second round, but probably gets cut:
1) Minimal work experience.
2) Did not spell check.
3) Applicants who drive me buggy by a) constantly contacting me about the
process (it takes time, folks) or b) stalking me on Facebook or Linkedin

Best of luck!

--
*Michelle Zupan*
Curator

Visit us at www.hickory-hill.org or on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/hickoryhillmuseum>.
Follow us on Twitter: HHEducation

Historic homes of the Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc
<http://www.watson-brown.org>.