From:
"Baldwin, Joan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 09:51:03 -0400
Hello, colleagues.
I am the curator of special collections for an independent boarding school
in Connecticut. The position is three years old and, although there are
schools with museum collections attached, our model of a collection that
serves curriculum is rare at the independent school level. I manage a
collection of several thousand items ranging from the very important and
unique to the frankly strange or nostalgic, and report to the director of
the library as does our archivist. With three years under our belts, we
want to revise the curator of special collections' job description. For
anyone willing to share, we would be interested in seeing job descriptions
for similar positions at the college level.

Thank you,
Joan Baldwin

--
Joan H. Baldwin
Curator of Special Collections

*NEW BOOKS:* *Leadership Matters and Women+Museums* Blog
<http://www.leadershipmatters1213.wordpress.com/>