From:
Merri Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 19:01:39 EDT
I agree that each generation has its own share of problems, sometimes quite
devastating; each generation is exposed to new problems. My views come from
looking at children killing children in their own schools. Since I am 25, I
can't imagine what it was like during the Vietnam War, WWII, or having to
dive under desks during the drills; but isn't it more disturbing to think of
children, some even 10 years old, committing acts of deadly violence to other
children or upon themselves. Hatred and anger has existed since the beginning
of time, but there are more resources to carry those out, and , like I said
before, more children can get their hands on them.

As far as Ashcroft goes, I am not that uncomfortable with him yet. If he
wants to spy, he needs to give a good reason why he wants to spy on whomever,
but after what had happened during 9-11, I want protection and the INS, or
what used to be the INS to do one heck of a clean up job.

Being sent home because your skirt or dress doesn't touch the knee, would be
the least of my problems. I rather wear a long skirt or dress, than to deal
with a waterhose spraying me because of my participation in a peaceful march.

Sincerely,

Merri