Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 21:57:25 -0400
The Columbus Museum several years ago found a great solution to both a
nagging need to develop memorial opportunities and assist visitor comfort.
 We retained a local craftsman to design custom benches (comfortable,
sensible design) and tables which we placed in public access/egress areas and
in exhibition areas (where space permitted).  The results were overwhelming -
now we need to find another opportunity as we have filled our seating needs
in all public areas.  A cafe cart and beverage/light refreshments area is
being reviewed as is a re-designed reception area for immediate response to
visitors.  A visitors services team approach has been most helpful in our
efforts.

Tom Butler
Director