From:
Jon Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:20:47 -0600
Hello Star,

In the early 1990's while executive director of the Rome Historical
Society, I created a proposal that we submitted to the City of Rome, NY,
to take over the operation of its Erie Canal Village outdoor living
history property.  We ended up with a three-year agreement, streamlined
management, and managed to show a modest profit, none of which the City
had ever achieved.  After I left that position at the end of 1994, I
understand that another private contractor submitted a bid for the
operation and has operated the site since that time.  I'd be happy to
answer your questions off-list.

Regards,

Jon N. Austin, Director
Museum of Funeral Customs
1440 Monument Avenue
Springfield, IL  62702
(217) 544-3480
www.funeralmuseum.org

Opened to the public in April 2001, the Museum of Funeral Customs is
operated by the Illinois Funeral Service Foundation and the Illinois
Funeral Directors Association.  The Museum interprets the history of
American funeral service from 1840 to the present.