From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 13:02:51 EST
Earlier today there was an announcement of a packing workshop
at AAM. Library of Virginia is not a "museum," strictly
speaking. My lurking on MUSEUM-L is about our only contact.
Notwithstanding, as with historical societies etc. we are stuck
with responsibility (but no authority or funding) for a lot of
stuff which might be considered "museum stuff." Right now, for
example, the mezzanine of our Rare Book Room is crowded with
the studio portraits the former governors while their usual
haunt in the state Capitol building is being painted. They were
brought over by the guys who usually mow the lawn, and will go
back the same way.
So the question is "How would we go about tapping into PACIN?"