From:
Barbara Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:30:56 -0400
a web search using the terms
digitizing family history will turn up several useful sources including
http://www.2shared.com/document/Ql2q0k4S/Digitizing_Your_Family_History.html

here's help from the Library of Congress about Family Treasures
http://www.loc.gov/preservation/family/

your local public library may offer help from their geneaology folks

Best wishes, Barbara, retired librarian