From:
Schweibenz Werner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:19:29 +0100
Hi Ashley,

The reason for the moisture might be due to storing conditions (humidity, temperature).

What kind of photo negatives do you refer to? If you deal with acetate film you have to be very carefull as moisture might lead to the "vinegar syndrome". For details please see  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulose_acetate_film#Decay:_.22vinegar_syndrome.22>.

Werner

MuseumsInformationsSystem
Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg
Universität Konstanz
D-78457 Konstanz
Tel. +49-7531/88-4279
Fax  +49-7531/88-3703