From:
Mike Reuter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 14:40:45 -0500
My experience was as a curator and I absolutely agree that they don't care
about the artifacts, the site, etc., they just want to get the movie shot.
 Set builders were on site in the wee hours of the morning and late into
the night. The schedule and contract was changed almost on a daily basis.

It was great exposure however for those six months and allowed us to tie in
a gala a year later when the film was released, BUT it basically shut down
the museum for a year while we reset exhibits, offices, etc.  Incidentally,
our site was selected for a Johnny Depp film and the staff was promised
that they could be inside the site while he was filming his
scene...security escorted us out. Of our own museum! But we got to eat for
free at the studio food truck, which was pretty cool.

Seriously though, I'm a director now and I'm glad I wasn't in my boss's
shoes back then.

--
Michael Reuter
Executive Director

www.rchs.us
608-756-4509

"Where Past Meets Present"

<http://www.tallmantours.org/>

Discover the Lincoln-Tallman House in this New, Interactive Tour!!
<http://www.tallmantours.org/>

http://www.tallmantours.org/