From:
Rory Bialecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:13:23 -0400
Fort Niagara maintains a "Rodent Control Officer". With Georgie, everyone took care to let her in and out of the office whenever she wanted, made sure she was fed and had water.? I'm not sure how food was paid for, but I do know that vet trips were paid with petty cash. Scooping was handled by either the maintance crew or the accountant, in whose office she slept. The accountant was also the person who recieved the most "presents" on her desk in the morning, if you get my drift. Georgie had also been accidentally?kidnapped a couple of times, only to be returned when people called the number on her tag and were told that she actually lived at the fort. I actually received a call once which I answered by sticking my head out the window and telling the guy holding her that she was our cat, and they could let her go whenever she was done being petted.?We also had to rescue her from more than a few overactive youngsters over the years. As she grew older, we also had to remind people that she was not sick, just old (She lived to a ripe old?age of at least?18).?Georgie passed away right after I was let go, but has been replaced with another cat.

Rory Bialecki
Former Interpretive Programming Assistant
Old Fort Niagara