From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 04:03:39 UT
Although I am no longer in art handling, i have never liked t-nuts because
they often fall out.  many of the bolt-plated crates that i have handled over
the years have not been very impressive either, although they do seem to hold
up better that t-nuts.  on the other hand, we used to use( i don't know if
they still do) a threaded insert which was actually screwed into the frame of
the crate and the lid bolts threaded into those.  they were quite nice as i
recall and rarely got lost. although, they could get torn up when an over
zealous 'art handler' would try to hammer an off kilter bolt into position.

just my thoughts on the subject
Gary Acord
Acord Information Management