From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 03:43:09 UT
If I may offer my opinion on this as well, I do not believe that everyone
using a standard protocol or hardware.  Rather, much like Open Database
Connectivity(ODBC for short) has standardized the method for accessing many
different types of databases,  I think that the operating systems will provide
"wrapper" standards for using different protocols and hardware.  To much
extent this is already happening.  I just think that it will become even more
transparent to the users and much easier to manage for the developers and
administrators.  Of course, I must admit that I am a strong Microsoft
supporter so my views/opinions are slanted towards their developments.

Gary Acord
Acord Information Management