Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:30:33 -0800
MPA = Masters, Public Administration

This has always been my greatest concern with the MPA,
the level of familiarity with the degree and the
curriculum for public administration.  I was happy to
see this question posted, with so many responses.  It
felt reassuring.  Many times I simply describe it to
be a MBA for the public/not-for-profit sector, and go
on to list the courses of study:  program planning &
evaluation, statistical methods, strategic planning,
public economics/finance & budgeting, fundraising,
non-profit management techniques, marketing, grant
writing.
Regards,