Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:47:11 -0800
So the lesson learned for all us young
professionals...was this a fight worth fighting?  For
all the young ones out there (like myself), I believe
the most valuable lesson we can learn as professionals
is when to pick our battles and when to censor
ourselves.  People will build an opinion of your
professionalism based on your approach to conflict (or
the mere fact that you stir up aberrant conflict).  We
can't always change the world when we don't agree with
it, and sometimes it is just best to keep your mouth
shut!  This was the first and most important lesson I
ever learned in the workplace, and the one that has
helped me to maintain my sanity.  I think they call it
coping and/or compromising.
Regards,
Amy
--- APRIL SNYDER <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This point has already been raised but I think it
> merits repeating.  Anyone taking issue with another
> list member, please consider whether or not we all
> can benefit from what you have to say.  There are
> some situations that are best handled by addressing
> the "offender" privately before bringing the matter
> to the rest of us.
>
> April Snyder

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).
> Yahoo! Auctions Great stuff seeking new owners! Bid
now!