From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 14:13:14 EST
   I haven't read Anne Hollander's work, but Sex and Suits, predictably
   enough, made a little splash when it came out. Reviewed positively by
   NYT Book Review, the Voice, etc.

   I heard a long interview with Hollander on WNYC. She's got a lively
   persona and a fun thesis about men's sense of display and sexuality as
   projected by their clothing. S & S sounds like a kind of a historical
   survey.  The one thing she said that surprised me is that she thinks
   that the contemporary suit is very sexual, shaping as it does (or is
   supposed to) into a V-shaped torso with slim legs. She calls it the
   Classical Ideal of the male figure.

   This gives you a sense of the kind of speculative fun that she engages
   in...

   Eric Siegel