Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:18:42 -0700
Over the course of your tenure, you may find many other blogs and listservs to meet your individual needs  Each has its own merits and validity.  I'd like to remind the list there are a number of email discussion groups available to you, free of charge, on Yahoogroups.  While some sites appear to be one-stop, you have the same option on Yahoogroups.  You simply go to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups, and each of the lists to which you have subscribed--museum related or otherwise--will be listed in one spot, and you can click your way to the list you prefer to review or address.

--Museum-related jobs
--Transfererrable jobs against which you can apply your skills or acquire new ones until you find the job of your dream
--Resume and interview pointers
--Employment law
--And much, much more

Six-year old MuseJobs is assisted by Jim Roberts (England), Julia Moore (Indiana), and me (California), with regular contributions by Martha Katz-Hyman (Virginia)  and Thomas and Associates (New
York).  A number of hiring museums post their listings to the site (free to all), and MuseJobs has enjoyed regular success in assisting others in finding a job. If you would like to become a member of MuseJobs,  please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs All posts are moderated, and spammers are immediately banned.

In addition to MuseJobs, the following active lists are available for your benefit. Four lists having do with with museum-type subjects and the museums/zoos/libraries/aquaria/environmental sites that support them:

A list dedicated to topics potentially important to museum administration:

A share drive where documents can be exchanged:

Two lists that deal with funding and training/conferences:

A list for museum-related IT professionals

The following lists are currently dormant.  An infrastructure exists in the event that there is a need to reactivate, but at this point, the groups have generally lost interest.  If there are individuals who would like to help lead the discussions, I would consider appointing them moderator statuses.