From:
"Carter, Bobbie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:40:56 -0600
RE: Performance Evaluation/Merit Increases
I am looking for ways to improve our performance evaluation process.
Currently we are using a system that applies 12 values on a five - point
scale, and a review of performance related to goals set by the employee
and supervisor to determine our merit increase.  We would like to
consider a system that is more directly related to the job description
and corresponding performance.  Since each job description varies, I'm
not certain if this is doable.  Any suggestion, forms, books of
reference, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
Bobbie J. Carter
Director of Human Resources
Chicago Historical Society
Clark Street at North Avenue