From:
Anne-Marie Fenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:56:09 -0700
Hi Charlene.  Good advice.

It is not often a problem, but it can be.  We are now communicating much
more amongst staff by e-mail and some of us have been talking about having
an internal policy on the matter.  Therefore, I wondered what others were
doing.

Major change at the old stomping ground--we have a new director, Ruth
Phillips, We are working her in real fast and also trying not to wear her
out. It's been a smooth and easy transition from Michael to Ruth.

Cheers and thanks.

Anne-Marie

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Charlene Garvey wrote:

> Anne-Marie,
>
> Many people feel free to forward pieces of e-mail on to others (whether
> this is stictly proper or not) much as someone may forward you a short
> article or newspaper clipping they thought you would be interested in.
> About the only thing that I would suggest would be to make it explicit
> in your message introduction that you do not want the message circulated
> without permission.  Short statements such as: "Please feel free to
> forward to other interested parties" or "Do not forward to others
> without permission," given the professional nature of most of your
> e-mail recipients (assumption), would probably be respected (although
> not 100% of the time).  I don't know that it needs to be dealt with in a
> specific policy, but if it is a problem, making a general practice of
> including a statement of this sort may be useful.
>
> BTW HI!  How's the old stomping ground?

Anne-Marie Fenger
UBC Museum of Anthropology
6393 N.W. Marine Drive