From:
Geoff Mottram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 23:21:38 GMT
> "We are trying to find an efficient way to integrate acessioning and
> cataloging documentation systems for what have previously been separately
> maintained archives, library, and museum object collections.

Cactus Software sells a program called "Minaret" that is a collections
management program for archive, book and artifact collections.  It is an
IBM PC program that is used in more than 300 institutions (a big user is
the Library of Congress) and has been available for more than seven years.
The system is totally MARC compatible (both imports and exports full MARC
records) and can import plain ASCII files as well.  We would be happy to
mail you more information if you would just send your regular postal
address and phone number to the e-mail address below.

--
Geoff Mottram