From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:19:37 +0000
Diane:

I'm not sure if you are only covering the USA, but some county and
city record offices in the UK hold copies of original plans submitted to
urban authorities for  health and safety approval for domestic, commercial
and industrial buildings under legislation going back to 1849.  My former
Leicestershire Service has around 200,000 building plans for the City of
Leicester and surrounding urban areas, for example, including many
thousands for both the original construction of new industrial buildings,
and then all significant subsequent alterations to these.

Come back to me off-list if you would like an example or two.

Patrick Boylan