From:
James Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:18:32 -0600
Greetings MUSEUM-L-ER'S:

We are considering developing an audio tour for the Kansas City Sculpture
Park, which is part of our Modern Sculpture Initiative and includes works
from our permanent collection and works on long-term loan. I am looking for
evaluations of the various audio tour options in place, including (but not
limited to) Acoustiguide's Inform system and Antenna's Gallery Guide
system. I have searched Art Index for evaluative articles, but have not had
much luck. I have also checked the MUSEUM-L archive, which was somewhat
helpful. However, I would appreciate any experiences anyone would like to
share, or bibliographical information. Please reply on-list, or off-list to
<a [log in to unmask]></a href>

Here are some of the issues that we are especially interested in:

Visitors should be able to access information in any order
Durable enough for outdoor use
Can be updated easily and quickly, preferably in-house
Recording process portable
Good sound quality
Recorded information can be adapted easily for other applications, such as
a Web site

Thanks very much