From:
Kathy Enright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:08:29 -0700
Yes, when I did our response and recovery plan for collections in 1994 I did
a one-page list of people for the "In-House Disaster Response Team." Next to
each category is the primary person's name and a back-up person's name. The
categories are:
Coordinating recovery phase for collections
Ordering supplies & materials
Documenting collection damage and notifying insurance carrier
Monitoring environment
Determining collections triage
Decisions regarding disposition of damaged material
Documenting recovery phase
Building security & authorized access during salvage operations

And don't forget the HOME phone number list for staff and remember to keep
it updated. (And each person to have the list of numbers at their home)
Mary Ames Sheret
Curator of Collections/Exhibits
Southern Oregon Historical Society