From:
Katie Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:13:59 -0500
Hi, all-
I'm working on a database project for a local historical society using
PastPerfect. From the PastPerfect manual, it looks like they prefer you to
create acquisition numbers for objects that start with the year of the
acquisition, followed by the acquisition's number, and then the object
number (i.e., 2010.5.2). My problem is that the historical society has not
recorded what year they received objects over the past 20 or so years, so
I'm not sure how to create numbers that will be helpful when searching the
database or when entering new acquisitions in the future.
I've thought of just putting "FIC" as in "Found in Collection" in place of
the year, and then following with the acquisition and object number, but I'm
not sure if PastPerfect requires digits in the first part of the number.
Any ideas?
Thanks so much!