From:
Alexandra Trumbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:03:15 -0700
We seem to have a tug-of-war between "young" and
"new". I understand now that "new" excludes as many
people as "young" does. What can we do? I still think
"new" is better than "young" because we don't want to
assume that all people new to the field are
twenty-somethings. We can just make it clear that the
group welcomes the participation of people in various
stages of their lives. But our group would be to help
museum world people learn more about what's going on
internationally, the big topics being discussed, and
how to best advertise themselves in the job market.
That's what I see it as. I like Pat's idea about
encouraging membership within people's groups.

People with more experience in how to form a committee
under ICOM will have to keep me up on how to do that,
because I have no idea.

But I'm glad this ICOM young group is really taking
off. It's exciting, and I'm thrilled at the prospect
of being really involved!

Mario and Carrie, where will you be in mid-October? If
I do make it over for the conference, might we be able
to schedule a visit then? (And anyone else interested,
too).

Greetings from stormy Arizona,
Alex

=== message truncated ===