From:
Mark Janzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:14:40 -0500
I would love to hear opinions or even facts regarding this general category
of products on the lists. Either regarding collections or personal use.

My wife uses the product(s) extensively.

Personally, and without any scientific evidence to back this up, I think
Febreze is one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American public in
a long time. There is simply no way for it to do what Procter and Gamble
suggest that it does, e.g. eliminate the actual source of the odors leaving
behind nothing.

Some of the versions do a good job of covering odors, and the antibacterial
onces surely eliminate bacteria. My contention is that whatever is causing
odor is a physical residue/byproduct of decomposition and can not be
eliminated by spraying it with something that then evaporates along with
the material...Magic.

All that said, given all of the uses to which it(and especially the pet
version) has ben put in my house, I doubt it will harm your quilt or loosen
your applique.

Good Luck.

Mark Janzen